Whether you’re planning a summer vacation for the family or a romantic honeymoon for two, there is no shortage of memorable things to do and see in Martha’s Vineyard. Located in the heart of Edgartown, Vineyard Square Hotel & Suites makes for the ideal home base for any getaway. The variety of activities and attractions means there is something everyone will enjoy. However, there are just some things to do in Edgartown that should be on every itinerary.
What Are the Top Martha’s Vineyard Activities?
No matter the season, adventure is all around you. The best way to make sure you hit all the highlights of activities and attractions is by creating a bucket list of the top adventures.
- Take the Chappy Ferry over to Chappaquiddick Island and explore the three conservation areas found there.
- Check out landmarks that appeared in the blockbuster Jaws, including Main Street and the American Legion Memorial Bridge, which you can jump off of.
- Check out one of our complimentary rental bikes and bike to South Beach. For a more extended bike outing, do the 16-mile Edgartown, Oak Bluffs, and Vineyard Haven loop.
- Enjoy views that stretch on for miles by climbing to the top of the Edgartown lighthouse.
- Spend a day at a local beach like State Beach and see how much sea glass you can collect.
- Go sightseeing with Martha’s Vineyard Sightseeing Bus on a tour of the island and its top attractions.
- Ride the historic Flying Horses Carousel in nearby Oak Bluffs, built in 1876.
- Dine on fresh seafood at some of the top restaurants, including Chesca’s Restaurant located right off the lobby.
- Walk along North Water Street. This corridor includes a number of historic buildings like the Emily Post House and renovated captain’s home.
When planning out what pursuits to include in your list, keep in mind some places are open seasonally. Our concierge staff is also here to help you book any excursions or offer more recommendations.
Start Planning Your Massachusetts Escape
There’s nothing better than packing your bags and getting away from everyday life for a little while. Create your perfect blend of relaxing pursuits and thrilling things to do in Edgartown by booking your stay at Vineyard Square Hotel & Suites.
Our affordable but luxurious hotel puts you near the top attractions while providing a relaxing place to call home. After a day of exploration, unwind in your spacious accommodation to rest up for another day of fun. Make the most out of your stay by utilizing our range of on-site amenities. Call 508-627-4711 to learn more about the hotel or how to save on your stay.