Our Edgartown hotel staff strives to minimize the environmental impact of our Martha’s Vineyard lodging while still exceeding guest expectations with outstanding accommodations and a wonderful New England getaway experience. Over the past year, Vineyard Square Hotel & Suites has been proud to institute changes aimed at sustainability and responsible tourism and is continuously looking for ways to further reduce our footprint on the island and the planet. Here are just of few of the eco-friendly steps we’ve taken at our downtown Edgartown boutique hotel:
- Where appropriate, incandescent light bulbs have been replaced with either compact fluorescent or LED bulbs.
- Every guestroom in the Vineyard Square Hotel & Suites has a small blue bin for all co-mingle recyclables.
- Guestrooms have been upgraded with new personal care products and dispensers – A move which will save more than 6,000 single-use bottles from landfills each year. The new product line, the Beekman 1802 Fresh Air Collection, have no parabens, mineral oil, paraffin or panned phthalates. They are American made in upstate New York with purified water and are cruelty free.
- Every guest has a choice whether to have sheets changed and towels replaced daily during their stay. This helps reduce chemical and energy use in the laundry.
- There are large, co-mingle recycle bins in our lobby area and the front desk now religiously uses separate bins.
- We send all confirmation letters by email instead of printing and mailing. Additionally, final guest folios are emailed and only printed upon request.
- Daily reports are recycled into scrap paper for employee use at the front desk.