When you stay at Vineyard Square Hotel & Suites, you’ll have spectacular views of Edgartown Harbor and the waters surrounding this town near Martha’s Vineyard. There’s a range of fun activities to enjoy, from biking the island to discovering lighthouses or hiking area trails. A staple adventure for anyone visiting the area is spending a day at some of the best beaches in Martha’s Vineyard. Pack a picnic lunch and enjoy a range of activities that’ll make your beach day one for the books.
A Checklist of Martha’s Vineyard Beach Activities
Whether you’re setting your towel out at Lighthouse Beach/Fuller Street Beach, South Beach, State Beach, or East Beach at the Cape Poge Wildlife Refuge and Wasque Reservation, there’s no shortage of fun beach activities everyone will enjoy.
Some beaches are open to the public, while others require a residence pass or have restrictive parking, so be sure to do your research before you visit.
- Fish from the shoreline. Known as surfcasting, this sport is perfect for anglers of all skill levels. Stop by Coop’s Bait & Tackle or Larry’s Tackle Shop to stock up on the necessary supplies and get advice from local anglers.
- Enjoy some friendly competition by playing a game or two of volleyball at South Beach, which has nets already hung.
- Walk along the shoreline looking for sea glass and Wampum. This is a popular expedition for those visiting State Beach.
- Go for a swim. The waters at beaches like State Beach are calmer, perfect if you’re visiting with younger children. South Beach’s water is known for large waves, so only strong swimmers are advised to enter.
- See what lives beneath the surface by snorkeling. When you set off from the beach, you can swim out as far as you’re comfortable.
Escape to Sandy Beaches during Your Edgartown Getaway
With miles of coastline, there’s no shortage of beaches to explore during your stay at Vineyard Square Hotel & Suites. Guests of all ages will enjoy the range of beach activities available to them. After a day soaking in the Massachusetts sun, relax back at our charming hotel. Visit Sea Spa Salon, which is located in our lobby, for a bit of pampering, or hit up our complimentary fitness center. Offering a range of rooms and suites, our rooms offer something for every budget and style. Call 508-627-4711 to learn more about booking your stay at our Martha’s Vineyard hotel or special offers.