Treat yourself to a refreshing getaway at Vineyard Square Hotel & Suites. Our luxurious accommodations and on-site amenities provide the perfecting setting to help you unwind. While you’re here, make time to visit our beautiful Martha’s Vineyard beaches. Whether you love to swim, surf, or walk alongside the ocean, there’s a beach here for everyone. We’re happy to provide you with chairs, towels, umbrellas, or bikes so that you have the ultimate beach day experience.
The Best Martha’s Vineyard Beaches near Our Edgartown Hotel
No two Martha’s Vineyard beaches are alike. Some have waves perfect for surfing. Other’s are ideal for fishers and swimmers. You can even drive across a few beaches if you have a vehicle with four-wheel drive. Regardless of which sandy shoreline you visit, you’re sure to appreciate the natural beauty of ocean waves against an expansive blue sky.
- East Beach (Chappy) attracts swimmers and fishers alike. Feel free to cast a line from shore or wade in the shallows for a refreshing afternoon at East Beach.
- Inkwell Beach has become a long-standing place of empowerment for Black locals and tourists. Several Black musicians, writers, artists, politicians, and social leaders have frequented Inkwell Beach’s warm waters and stretches of soft sand.
- Joseph A. Sylvia State Beach is one of the most popular Martha’s Vineyard beaches. Jaws fans may recognize the connect salt pond (Sengekontacket Pond) as the location of the spooky beach scene from the movie. Between the free parking and ideal water conditions, Joseph A. Sylvia State Beach makes for an excellent picnic spot, a tranquil walk, or a day wading in the water. Bend in the Road, which is a part of this State Beach, has lifeguards and calm, shallow water, making this the perfect destination for families with younger children.
- Fuller Street Beach is a dog-friendly public beach where you and your beloved pooch can embark on a lovely shoreline hike up to Lighthouse Beach, which connects to the south end of Fuller Street Beach.
- South Beach is another popular destination near our Martha’s Vineyard hotel because it is a barrier beach. One side of the shoreline has a surf and the other calm waters, making South Beach the ideal destination for everyone. South Beach provides the classic, New England ocean beachside experience, and it’s an easy bike ride from our hotel. If your vehicle has four-wheel drive and is properly permitted, you can take it across the beach. Just be sure to pay attention to the tides!
Your Ideal Martha’s Vineyard Vacation Starts Here
Pamper yourself to pure relaxation at Vineyard Square Hotel & Suites. Order a delicious meal from our on-site restaurant, Chesca’s, meander the Eisenhauer Gallery, shop at the cutest boutiques, and treat yourself to a day at our Sea Spa Salon. Regardless of where your interests lie, you’re sure to find an activity that piques your interest near our Martha’s Vineyard resort. To learn more about the best Martha’s Vineyard beaches, or to make a reservation, please give us a call at 508-627-4711. Or, you can check our availability and book your ideal room online.