There’s nothing better than a Martha’s Vineyard vacation during the summer months. Our idyllic weather, picturesque scenery, and quaint New England charm beckon to tourists from across the globe. Most people may not know that our lovely island hosts a plethora of hiking trails in the Massachusetts countryside. Our staff at Vineyard Square Hotel & Suites highly recommend that you enjoy the summer weather and natural scenery while walking the best hiking trails in Martha’s Vineyard.
Explore the Best Hiking Trails on Martha’s Vineyard
There’s no better way to start your Martha’s Vineyard romantic getaway than with a tranquil trail around our beautiful island:
- Caroline Tuthill Preserve Loop is less than two-and-a-half miles long and features a marvelous arrangement of wildflowers.
- Menemsha Hills Reservation Trail is a moderately trafficked trail that features a staircase leading to the beach. While we advise against swimming, it does provide an opportunity for a pleasant walk along the shoreline.
- Tisbury Great Pond Trail is perfect for hiking, trail running, and walking. Take a few moments to survey the pristine lake and keep an eye out for birds and wildlife.
- Woodland Wonderland Trail features a leisurely walk around a lake just outside of Edgartown, MA.
While these represent only a few of the best hiking trails on Martha’s Vineyard, there’s a whole list of other walking paths near Edgartown, MA at AllTrails.com.
Our Staff’s Favorite Trails
As you know, a quick Google search can only procure so much information regarding hiking trails in Massachusetts, which is why our staff has put together a list of our favorite paths in the area:
- Felix Neck Wildlife Sanctuary preserves the habitat and local wildlife. Meander around tranquil meadows, woodlands, and ponds, and bask in the sanctuary’s lush natural scenery.
- Great Rock Bright Hiking Trail is perfect for a scenic walk around grassy fields and a heart-shaped pond. Bring along some food for a romantic picnic and enjoy the sights from their seaside bluff.
- Martha’s Vineyard Land Bank provides an overview of all the paths on Martha’s Vineyard.
- Sheriff’s Meadow hosts several picturesque hikes.
A Massachusetts Getaway You’ll Never Forget
When you embark on a Massachusetts getaway on Martha’s Vineyard, you’re in for relaxation, rejuvenation, and romance. Luxuriate in our lovely rooms, explore the vineyard, and treat yourself to decadent takeout or delivery dining options. For more suggestions on the best hiking trails on Martha’s Vineyard, please give us a call at 508-627-4711.