Located in the heart of Edgartown rests Vineyard Square Hotel & Suites. This charming boutique hotel is surrounded by quaint shops, incredible dining options, and so much more. However, Edgartown is only one of six towns that make up Martha’s Vineyard. On your next stay with us, consider planning a day trip to check out things to do in Oak Bluffs.
What to Do on Your Visit to Oak Bluffs
One of the best ways to travel to Oak Bluffs from our Edgartown hotel is by public transit. Check the Martha’s Vineyard Transit Authority’s route map for times and stops, which can vary depending on the season.
Incorporated in 1880, the town was first known as Cottage City before the name changed to Oak Bluffs in 29017. Today, Oak Bluffs is often considered one of the liveliest towns on Martha’s Vineyard, making it a must-visit for those staying with us.
– Go for a ride on the Flying Horses Carousel. Built in 1876 and acquired by the Vineyard Preservation Trust in 1986, this newly resorted attraction is the country’s oldest platform carousel. Check hours before heading over.
– Spend some time soaking in the sun at Inkwell Beach. Found right off Seaview Avenue, this stretch of sandy shoreline does have lifeguards on duty during peak summer hours.
– Stop by Mocha Mott’s for a caffeine boost. Serving coffee and espresso drinks, this destination is also known for tasty baked goods.
– No trip to Oak Bluffs is complete without taking in the gingerbread cottages found at the Oak Bluffs Campground. Once the location of Methodist camp meetings, the 19th-century cottages are now a National Historic Landmark.
– Plan a picnic lunch at Ocean Park. With its expertly groomed grounds and inviting gazebo, the park is the perfect place to spread out your blanket and enjoy lunch from a local restaurant.
Make Vineyard Square Your Martha’s Vineyard Home Base
Whether exploring things to do in Oak Bluffs or checking out Martha’s Vineyard attractions, adventure is all around you when you stay at Vineyard Square Hotel & Suites. Our boutique Edgartown hotel is the ideal place to call home for everyone, from families to couples, and for good reason.
Our accommodations range from luxury suites to standard guestrooms, but no matter which you reserve, you’ll have a tranquil place to call home. We also provide guests with exceptional amenities like concierge services, free bike rental, and free use of beach chairs. To learn more about our Martha’s Vineyard hotel or special offers, call 508-627-4711.