For anyone looking to escape the hustle and bustle of life for a little while, there’s no better destination than Martha’s Vineyard. This charming New England island is known for its laid-back atmosphere. However, that doesn’t mean your trip will be boring by any means. For anyone staying at Vineyard Square Hotel & Suites, it won’t take long to discover adventure is all around you. One such outing is seeing what fun things you can find inside the Manuel F. Correllus State Forest.
What to Do on Your Visit
The Manuel F. Correllus State Forest is found at the center of Martha’s Vineyard. The 5,300-acre forest is one of the most breathtaking natural attractions near our Edgartown hotel. Several free parking options are nearby off Barnes Road, Old Country Road, and West Tisbury Road.
There’s no shortage of things to do when visiting the forest, which is open from sunrise to sunset. This is a dog-friendly spot, but your four-legged friend must stay on their leash.
– Go for a bike ride along the 14 miles of wooded and paved trails. One option is the 10-mile Correllus Bike Path that takes you around the state forest’s perimeter.
– Take in stunning views as you walk along one of the trails. If you’re looking for a challenging hike, the 2.1-mile Willow Tree Bottom Trail is an excellent option.
– Play your way through the disc golf course.
– Make your way to the park’s center to view the statue honoring the heath hen, a species of grouse that’s been extinct since 1932.
– If you’re visiting during the winter, this is one of the best places on Martha’s Vineyard to go cross-country skiing.
Vineyard Square Hotel & Suites | A Charming Edgartown Hotel
Found in the heart of Edgartown, Vineyard Square Hotel & Suites is centrally located near area activities and attractions. Whether you feel like hiking inside Manuel F. Correllus State Forest or exploring the island on a guided tour, the possibilities are endless.
When you’re ready to call it a day, rest up in your beautiful room at our Martha’s Vineyard hotel. Our accommodations range from upscale guest rooms to luxury suites. We even have dog-friendly options! To learn more about which room style fits your group best or current special offers, call 508-627-4711.