Why You Should Still Visit Martha’s Vineyard in the WinterBY VINEYARD SQUARE HOTEL | 19 October 2022
Martha’s Vineyard is known for being a go-to summer vacation destination. However, this New England is the perfect escape any time of year. If you’re looking to get away from the crowds, try visiting Martha’s Vineyard and Vineyard Square Hotel & Suites in the winter. This season is a fantastic time for couples looking to enjoy quality, uninterrupted time together while enjoying a slower-paced vacation.
5 Things to Do in Martha’s Vineyard in the Winter
While winter is the shoulder season on Martha’s Vineyard, there is still plenty of fun to be had. Remember that some attractions may be closed or operate on limited hours, so be sure to call or check online for the most current information.
- Martha’s Vineyard Museum is open year-round, giving you the perfect indoor adventure, but hours vary depending on the time of year. Wander the range of exhibits that explore the history and heritage of the island.
- Winter is the perfect time to get new mittens or sweaters from the Island Alpaca Company. Located in nearby Oak Bluffs, the gift shop features a variety of products made from alpaca.
- A majority of the shops in Edgartown close down for the season, but if you’re hoping to do some holiday shopping, head to Vineyard Haven. While you’ll still want to check out store hours, a large portion of stores in this Martha’s Vineyard town are open through the winter.
- If you’re looking to spend some time outdoors, make your way to Polly Hill Arboretum in West Tisbury. The grounds are open daily from sunrise to sunset, but the visitor center is closed starting in mid-October.
- Get in the holiday spirit by timing your visit to coincide with Christmas in Edgartown. Taking place at the beginning of December, this annual festival includes the lighting of the Edgartown Lighthouse, an art and crafts festival, a parade, and more.
Our concierge staff can help answer any questions you may have about what attractions are open.
Reserve Your Winter Getaway Today
There’s still plenty of time to plan your winter vacation to Martha’s Vineyard. There’s no better place to call home on your visit than Vineyard Square Hotel & Suites. Found in the heart of charming Edgartown. Our hotel expertly combines luxury amenities and incredible lodging options, all at an affordable price.
We offer a blend of traditional guest rooms and luxury accommodations, which means you can find the perfect room type for you. After a day of exploring, come back and grab one of our board games to play back in your room. For more information about booking your stay or special offers, call 508-627-4711.