Adventure is right at your fingertips when you book your stay at Vineyard Square Hotel & Suites. Overlooking Edgartown Harbor, our hotel is the perfect home base for your getaway. When looking up what to see in Martha’s Vineyard, there is no shortage of unique and memorable attractions to discover. Hop on a rental bike or catch a ride on public transportation to some of these top things to see.
A Checklist of 5 Unique Martha’s Vineyard Attractions
One of the best parts of vacation is simply wandering and discovering new things in your chosen destination. No matter where you turn in Martha’s Vineyard, there is something unique to see, and here are just a few of them.
- Built in 1876 and acquired by Vineyard Preservation Trust in 1986, the Flying Horses Carousel in Oak Bluffs is a Martha’s Vineyard staple. The carousel is open seasonally from May through the beginning of October.
- Make your way to the end of North Water Street to visit the Edgartown Harbor Light. The lighthouse is open June through mid-October. Thanks to renovations completed in 2007, the lighthouse’s interior is open to visitors.
- See what a typical Campground cottage was like by visiting the Cottage Museum. This Oak Bluffs attraction features period furnishing, vintage photographs, and other documents relating to the history of the Campground, also known as the Martha’s Vineyard Camp Meeting Association.
- Once the home of William and Suanna Vincent, the Vincent House Museum is the oldest surviving residence on Martha’s Vineyard. Sitting on 20 acres of fields and pastures, the house was donated to the Vineyard Preservation trust in 1977 and now serves to depict what life was like on the island through four centuries.
- Some of the top attractions on Martha’s Vineyard relate to the blockbuster film Jaws. These spots include the police department, Chappy Ferry, Main Street, and more.
Discover Something New on Your Edgartown Getaway
If you’re looking for more recommendations of what to see in Martha’s Vineyard, stop by the front desk at Vineyard Square Hotel & Suites. Our concierge staff is here to help make your stay the best it can be, and this includes providing recommendations of things to do and see.
Everyone at our Edgartown hotel is committed to providing top-notch service, including ensuring you have a cozy place to call home. Our accommodation options include luxury rooms and suites, and upscale hotel rooms and suites. No matter which style you reserve, you’ll have a relaxing space that’s the perfect tranquil oasis. Call 508-627-4711 to learn more about reserving your stay or how to save on your visit.