Supporting Our Martha’s Vineyard Community and the World
We take pride in supporting our local community by giving travelers a reason to visit Edgartown. We jump at the chance to give our guest’s recommendations during their stay, but our support for the Martha’s Vineyard community goes beyond local business and restaurant suggestions. Here are a few ways Vineyard Square has given back to the community, our employees, and world charities.
- Bike MS: Ride The Vineyard – In 2014, we sponsored a team of riders named the “Vineyard Square Wheelers” who peddled to help create a world free of MS.
- Servants for Haiti. After devastating earthquakes ravaged Port-au-Prince in 2010, Rick Conti organized a Servants for Haiti fundraiser and generously donated a weekend at the Edgartown Residence Club as a silent auction prize.
- We support a $15 minimum wage for our employees. Our guests aren’t shy about their love for our staff. Our employees are hardworking and hospitable, and we work to create an environment that they look forward to coming to every day.
- Clean the World Soap Donation. Side-by-side with our Green Initiatives, all discarded soap and shampoo bottles are collected and recycled to be distributed to impoverished people around the world. It’s a great program from the folks at Clean the World.
- Martha’s Vineyard Humane Society.