VSH Commitment to Safety & Cleanliness
In response to the Covid-19 pandemic, the Vineyard Square Hotel & Suites has established a number of new safety, cleanliness and sanitation protocols—all directly focused on providing a safe and comfortable environment for our guests and staff. Many of these are based on the recently-published American Hotel & Lodging Association Safe Stay® standards and the Commonwealth of Massachusetts “Reopening: Sector Specific Protocols and Best Practices” for hotels. In adopting these practices, rest assured that the safety, security and comfort of our guests and staff are an absolute priority.
You’ll see some immediate changes upon visiting the hotel—we’ve spaced out the furniture in the public areas and porch to promote distancing, installed a Plexiglas partition around our front desk, and removed books, paper items and other non-essential items from our lobby and guest rooms. In addition to this, we’ve established a number of specific safety protocols:
All guests and staff are to maintain a minimum of six feet or more of separation while in common spaces and high-density areas.
All staff are required to wear masks while on the job and all guests are required to wear a mask while in the public areas of the property. We are happy to provide disposable masks to any guest who requires them.
Conveniently available to all guests and staff throughout the hotel.
All staff are required to wash their hands frequently throughout the day.
All “high-touch” public surface, including door handles, light fixtures, handrails, elevator controls, etc, will be wiped down with a disinfectant solution on a continuous basis.
All staff will have their temperature checked prior to each work shift. Staff will be sent home from the work place if displaying any Covid-19 symptoms and we will reinforce that all staff who feel or appear sick are to remain home and seek medical help.
- Guest rooms will undergo enhanced sanitation prior to check in through the cleaning and sanitizing of all hard surfaces and “high-touch” areas in the guest room and bath.
- TV and HVAC remote controls will be sanitized and bagged prior to check in.
- Room attendants will not enter a room while a guest is physically present.
- We are foregoing “stay-over” service unless requested by a guest.
- Upon stayover, clean towels will be delivered to each guest room daily and used towels removed.
- When cleaning rooms, windows will be opened to enhance air circulation.
- Rooms will be held unoccupied between guest stays whenever possible.
- Please note that the heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems for all guest rooms rely on separate “mini-split” units, and there is no air exchange between guest rooms or between rooms and public areas.
Food & Beverage
We will not offer our continental breakfast in a buffet format, but, upon request, a rotating selection of freshly baked offerings made on premises will be delivered every morning to each guest room in an individually sealed container.